This glazed kale recipe works great with other vegetables as well. You can try it with soaked arame, avocados, grated zucchini or tomatoes.
5 kale leaves
½ cup red cabbage, shredded
¼ cup cilantro, minced
3 tbsp flaxseed oil
3 tsp kelp granules
2 tsp lemon juice
To make Glazed Kale, follow these steps:
- Place all the kale leaves in one stack and cut in half the long way.
- Place both stacks on a flat surface or cutting board.
- Roll one stack of the kale leaves into a roll.
- Cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Repeat step 3 - 4 for the other stack.
- Place the sliced kale and cabbage in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients, except the cilantro.
- Pour mixture over kale and cabbage.
- Mix until all leaves are saturated.
- Sprinkle the cilantro on top.
- Allow it to sit at room temperature for up to 10 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.
Serves 2 – 3
Glazed Kale is from Mayat’s Healthy & Easy Recipes authored by Marie “Mayat” Heriveaux. Mayat teaches people how to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables through her classes and coaching program, please visit her at www.mayats.com for more information.
Copyright © 2009, 2006 by Marie M. Heriveaux. Reprinted with permission.